Religious | Presbyterian Church in America
PO Box 625
Lennox, SD 57039
Posted: Jun 18, 2022
Application Deadline: Sep 1, 2022
The Director of Education and Worship Ministry is called to help lead a comprehensive, biblically based Christian Education ministry, and help cultivate worship services that lead the congregation in knowing and glorifying God. This is a full-time position.
- Recruit and equip members to help with: Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Nursery Care during Sunday morning worship, Mid-Week Youth Program, High School Youth Group, Small Groups/Bible Studies.
- Assist the Christian Education Committee in selecting Sunday School, Mid-Week, and Vacation Bible School curricula, and assist leaders in finding appropriate materials for small groups.
- Provide resources to parents to assist them in teaching their children.
- Select and schedule weekly praise music and hymns, in coordination with the Pastor and the worship teams.
- Lead the weekly worship service with the Pastor and the worship teams.
- Provide vision, leadership and spiritual care to the worship teams.
- Provide training and development opportunities for worship teams, with a focus on involving more of the congregation in the worship experience.
This position is intended to give practical experience for those who are pursuing Pastoral Ministry (either having completed undergraduate studies and are preparing for Seminary, or those who have complete Seminary and are seeking ordination).
The candidate for this position must be:
- Able to give witness to his faith, to clearly articulate the Gospel, and demonstrate a commitment to the Reformed Christian perspective (as expressed in the Westminster Confession of Faith).
- Able to work well alone and as a team member with strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient on the piano or guitar, and able to lead in worship.