Religious | Evangelical Presbyterian Church
115 Rockdale Ave
Swannanoa, NC 28711
Posted: Jun 18, 2022
Application Deadline: Aug 5, 2022
Conditions of employment:
- 20-25 hours a week
- Salaried position
- Non-exempt part-time position
The Director of Ministry to Children is responsible for overseeing, facilitating, and advancing the discipleship of children within Valley Hope Church, in partnership with families. Children from nursery to 5th grade will be prepared to know the story of the Gospel and become full participants in the worshiping community. This will primarily be accomplished in Sunday morning classrooms and in programs for children during normal meetings of small groups. This will be accomplished with a large team of volunteers who will be led and inspired by the Director, who will look to the Session for direction, oversight, and care.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, scheduling, and maintenance of the volunteer pool
- Background checks for new volunteers
- Trainings for new volunteers, as well as refresher/inspiration time for all volunteers (as needed)
- Oversee volunteer replacement process (i.e., when someone is out sick)
- Ensure all classes have required volunteer staff each Sunday (two adults per class)
- Select and procure curriculum for the Children’s department with close reliance on and assistance from the Children’s Ministry team.
- Ensure the completion of logistical tasks (setup and teardown) of Sunday morning programming, either directly or through teams of volunteers
- Weekly classroom assignment emails
- Distribute weekly curriculum assignments for four classes
- Review curriculum to ensure completion/need for updating (as needed)
- Re-stock and assemble craft supplies
- Provide input for the annual budget proposal
- Implement and enforce the VHC child safety policy and maintain an incident report system for the children’s ministry
- Maintain and update all policies, forms, applications, etc. as needed
- Oversee and assist with the development of programming during mid-week small group activities (Wednesday evenings or otherwise)
- Actively communicate with and utilize the Children’s team, who are tasked with assisting the director
- Attend all church wide functions including weekly worship services
- Attend at least four session meetings per year.
- Participate in regular VHC staff meetings
- Supervised by the Director of Discipleship with oversight by the Lead Pastor and the Session of Valley Hope.
- Will work with the guidance of the Children’s Team.
- Responsible for overseeing, facilitating, and advancing the discipleship of children in Valley Hope.
- Participates in annual evaluation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter by June 15, 2022 to AmyCBerry@gmail.com with copy to Stephens.email@example.com.
- Proven commitment to know and follow Jesus Christ inwardly and outwardly.
- Committed to the personal study of Scripture, prayer, and worship
- Walks as an Ambassador for Jesus Christ at ALL times and in ALL places – understanding that children and their families are very observant, both in church gatherings and in public places
- Experienced in ministering to children and an ability to implement a Children’s Ministry program at VHC, including Sunday School, childcare and mid-week programming
- Experienced in building and leading teams, recruiting and equipping volunteers, planning and organizing a model for year-round ministry.
- Administratively- gifted in completing tasks and staying organized
- Comfortable with technology, websites and social media or willing and able to learn
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter to AmyCBerry@gmail.com with copy to Stephens.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Contact: Amy Berry