Religious | Evangelical Covenant Order (ECO)
11612 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77024
Posted: Jun 18, 2022
Application Deadline: Jul 31, 2022
The Associate Pastor for Hispanic Ministries will direct, design, and supervise the various ministries, programs, staff, and lay leadership related to the Spanish-Language Ministries of MDPC. This will include leadership, guidance, and resources for both staff and lay members of each of these ministry areas.
· Lead and coordinate Worship for Iglesia Fuente De Esperanza.
v Work closely with the Fuente Staff in administering a seamless process of welcoming and helping visitors and new members find a nurturing place in worship and programming;
v Conduct general ministries such as baptisms, weddings, funerals, counseling, visitation in homes/hospitals
· Lead and coordinate educational opportunities, as well as develop new opportunities for spiritual growth and development.
v Provide leadership, coordination, and oversight to various programs of the Fuente Ministry, such as Food Pantry, English Class, Bible Studies, Summer Soccer Camp;
v Supervise and coordinate the staff of Fuente Ministries; evaluate ministry programs, supervise and evaluate staff.
· Utilization of Volunteers – primary responsibility for defining volunteer roles, and oversight of those who select, train, and provide work direction for volunteers
v Provide leadership in recruiting, training, mobilizing, and deploying volunteers in ministry;
v Work directly with staff to provide leadership for the volunteer leaders in the development of worship, programs, and classes for spiritual growth and development;
v Direct impact on approximately 75 volunteers
· Financial Accountability (not including payroll)
v In collaboration with Fuente Staff, maintains receipts and expenditures of the ministry area
v Level of responsibility – direct impact – direct responsibility for the preparation and management of the Fuente budget (entire Ministry area represents Leadership ability, humility, and a spirit of partnership and teamwork
· Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff or as applicable to the position.
· Minimum of a Master of Divinity Degree
· Ordained (or ordainable) ECO Pastor (Minister of Word and Sacrament)
· Fluently bilingual in Spanish/English
· Minimum of five years’ experience in parish ministry
· Proven ability to develop and administer a successful ministry area in a large, multi-staff church
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Good preacher: excellent command of public speaking.
· A holy curiosity for the work of God in and through a diversity of cultures and countries of origin.
- Multicultural: Deep knowledge of the Hispanic community in the United States, including an understanding of the issues and challenges faced by the community. Good mediator; able to build bridges between cultures (both within sub-cultures in the Hispanic community, and between Hispanic and non-Hispanic members of the church).
· Ability to work with volunteers; willingness and eagerness to delegate wisely
· A empathetic heart and a pastoral schedule in which to respond in a timely way to crisis situations
- In tune with the community, and able to connect with younger members
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, adaptable, familiarity with social media and technology.
Expectations of All MDPC Employees:
· A personal and growing commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord;
· A commitment to the authority of Scripture and to a lifestyle of Christian holiness;
· A willingness to work within the framework of MDPC’s polity and procedures;
· A willing heart, teachable spirit, and positive attitude;
· A team ministry commitment which places the good of the whole over individual goals;
· An appreciation for working collaboratively with staff and church members;
· A professional approach and appearance;
· Integrity, humility, flexibility, and a sense of humor;
· A passion for excellence for the glory of God.