Religious | Southern Baptist Convention
11330 St. Charles Rock Rd.
Bridgeton, MO 63044
Posted: Apr 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Jul 15, 2023
Fee Fee Baptist Church is a historic church located in Bridgeton, Missouri, a suburb in the St. Louis Metropolitan area. It is considered the oldest continuous non-Catholic church west of the Mississippi River. Our church is active in the community and area school districts with various community projects and ministries. We are a missionary minded church, generously supporting home and foreign missions through the Southern Baptist Convention, and directly support mission trips by individual members and teams domestically and abroad.
Fee Fee Baptist Church exists to make disciples who build their lives on Jesus and pursue the good of our community for the glory of God.
Fee Fee Baptist Church is currently looking for a Senior Pastor who faithfully seeks God's leadership in prayer, has a shepherd's heart, and is passionate about God, His Word, and His people. The Senior Pastor is called by the church to provide spiritual leadership, vision, and overall direction for church ministries, operations, programs, and services. Further, the Senior Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the Biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of the church life and provide supervisory leadership to the paid staff. His ministries consist of:
The Ministry of Prayer and the Word
- Prepare and deliver Biblically based, doctrinally-sound, engaging, and relevant sermons.
- Work with other worship leaders to plan services and the Deacons to lead in the ordinances of the church.
- Maintain a regular and systematic prayer concern for individuals in the church.
- Maintain a program of personal devotion to deepen his own walk with God.
- Take a significant role in the leadership training of the church.
The Ministry of Pastoral Care
- Provide Biblical guidance to church members seeking advice, help, and encouragement.
- Contact/visit those in the hospital and those having lost loved ones.
- Meet with couples seeking to unite in marriage, providing them with a Scriptural view of marriage, and conduct wedding ceremonies.
- Minister in times of bereavement to offer comfort and conduct services.
- Work with the Deacons to help meet the individual needs of the congregation, wherever possible.
The Ministry of Leadership
- Provide leadership and vision for the church, consistent with the church by-laws.
- Clearly communicate the direction and vision of the church and the role of the membership in achieving the vision.
- Direct plans for ministry and church growth; develop and fine-tune the church structure based on a committee/team philosophy of ministry.
- Provide leadership in planning special emphases during regularly scheduled services (ex. holiday related services).
- Act as moderator of church business meetings.
The Ministry of Administration
- Supervise and work with all ministerial and support staff, providing instruction, growth and development plans, and yearly evaluation.
- Train and equip church members to work with staff and leaders to balance ministry needs with available resources.
- Work with deacons, church officers and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities.
The Ministry of Evangelism
- Lead the church in developing an effective evangelism and outreach program.
- Promote strategies, ministries, and opportunities to reach people for Christ.
- Work with ministry leaders to develop and implement ministries to impact the community.
Preferred qualifications for Fee Fee Baptist Church’s next Senior Pastor include:
- Possess God’s call to a life of full-time Christian ministry, with skills and passion in preaching, leadership, and administration.
- Be dedicated to magnifying worship, promoting evangelism, and strengthening Biblical education, and discipling believers.
- Commit to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in scripture for such a leader.
- Devote the time necessary to effectively perform the role of senior pastor, which may include long and irregular work schedules.
- Work in a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Demonstrate effective delegation, prioritization, and time management.
- Be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a willingness to seek out new information and incorporate improvements.
- Exhibit outstanding listening skills to ensure common understanding.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in all interactions.
- Promote cooperation and harmony with and between church members.
- Be licensed and ordained.
- Have the education and experience needed and necessary to properly fulfill the role of Senior Pastor.
Please submit resume and biographical profile to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to:
Pastor Search Committee, Fee Fee Baptist Church, 11330 St. Charles Rock Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044.
See job description.