Job Opportunities

Technology Support Specialist

Campus Employment | Presbyterian Church in America

Covenant Theological Seminary
12330 Conway Road
St. Louis, MO 63141



Posted: May 1, 2023

Application Deadline: Jun 30, 2023



Covenant Seminary’s IT Services Department seeks a full-time Technology Support Specialist. Reporting to the IT Director, this position will:

  • Engage in the troubleshooting of technical issues, and coordinate with other ITS staff to assure an efficient and effective resolution to the user’s issue.
  • Assist in the deployment, maintenance, and organization, of technology assets (e.g., computer workstations, desk phones, A/V equipment, printers, and peripherals).
  • Provide A/V service and support for classroom technology systems, and special events.
  • Provide customer service to the Seminary’s users by assisting with any issues involving computer hardware, software, or web applications.
  • Provide support for occasional after-hours events (e.g., conferences, special events, weekend courses).
  • Educate and train users on the use of Seminary technology.

Job Responsibilities


  • Monitor and address Helpdesk requests during business hours.
  • Create, assign appropriately, and resolve tickets as needed.
  • Configure and install new computer systems, software, and equipment.
  • Diagnose, maintain, and repair end-user equipment and peripherals.
  • Manage inventory of assets, overseeing the provisioning of new technology, maintenance of current technology, and decommissioning of old technology.
  • Maintain IT supply inventory.
  • Manage additional IT systems as aptitude, capacity, and time allows.


  • Provides support for A/V requests during business hours, and occasionally after-hours (as scheduled) for classes and events.
  • Set up scheduling and verify recording of classes, events, etc. as needed.
  • Familiarity with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of A/V systems and equipment.
  • Familiarity/comfortability with running a sound board.
  • Maintain A/V supply inventories.

Customer Service

  • Provide a high level of customer service to users and parties connected to the institution.
  • Respond in a timely manner to helpdesk requests and follow up with users to confirm resolution
  • Perform new employee technology orientations.

Education and Training

  • Document knowledgebase information and orient users toward self-service support.
  • Develop, document, and maintain online course recording processes and procedures.
  • Provide periodic training and educational opportunities for users.

Work Hours

  • Most of this employee’s work will be performed during business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday). However, this employee will need to provide support for after-hours classes and events. Adjustments to work schedule will be made to accommodate these hours.
  • A general expectation is that 75% of this employee’s time would be focused on general Helpdesk support and the other 25% would be focused on A/V support.

Salary: Undisclosed



  • Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair computers, software, and peripherals (Windows PC & Mac)
  • Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair audio/visual equipment
  • Familiarity with A/V sound engineering equipment and techniques
  • Basic understanding of networking technologies
  • Self-motivated and proactive
  • A continual learner
  • Ability to work under stress
  • Strong written and verbal communication skills
  • Excellent interpersonal skills
  • Ability to multitask and prioritize
  • Detail-oriented
  • Reliable and punctual
  • Ability to lift 60 lbs.
  • Experience with A/V troubleshooting, recording, mixing, and editing is highly desired.

How to Apply

To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to by Friday, June 30, 2023.

Primary Contact: Tim Jackson


Phone: -

Apply Online: View