Campus Employment | Presbyterian Church in America
12330 Conway Road
St. Louis, MO 63141
Posted: May 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Jun 30, 2023
Covenant Seminary’s IT Services Department seeks a full-time Technology Support Specialist. Reporting to the IT Director, this position will:
- Engage in the troubleshooting of technical issues, and coordinate with other ITS staff to assure an efficient and effective resolution to the user’s issue.
- Assist in the deployment, maintenance, and organization, of technology assets (e.g., computer workstations, desk phones, A/V equipment, printers, and peripherals).
- Provide A/V service and support for classroom technology systems, and special events.
- Provide customer service to the Seminary’s users by assisting with any issues involving computer hardware, software, or web applications.
- Provide support for occasional after-hours events (e.g., conferences, special events, weekend courses).
- Educate and train users on the use of Seminary technology.
- Monitor and address Helpdesk requests during business hours.
- Create, assign appropriately, and resolve tickets as needed.
- Configure and install new computer systems, software, and equipment.
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair end-user equipment and peripherals.
- Manage inventory of assets, overseeing the provisioning of new technology, maintenance of current technology, and decommissioning of old technology.
- Maintain IT supply inventory.
- Manage additional IT systems as aptitude, capacity, and time allows.
- Provides support for A/V requests during business hours, and occasionally after-hours (as scheduled) for classes and events.
- Set up scheduling and verify recording of classes, events, etc. as needed.
- Familiarity with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of A/V systems and equipment.
- Familiarity/comfortability with running a sound board.
- Maintain A/V supply inventories.
- Provide a high level of customer service to users and parties connected to the institution.
- Respond in a timely manner to helpdesk requests and follow up with users to confirm resolution
- Perform new employee technology orientations.
Education and Training
- Document knowledgebase information and orient users toward self-service support.
- Develop, document, and maintain online course recording processes and procedures.
- Provide periodic training and educational opportunities for users.
- Most of this employee’s work will be performed during business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday). However, this employee will need to provide support for after-hours classes and events. Adjustments to work schedule will be made to accommodate these hours.
- A general expectation is that 75% of this employee’s time would be focused on general Helpdesk support and the other 25% would be focused on A/V support.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair computers, software, and peripherals (Windows PC & Mac)
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair audio/visual equipment
- Familiarity with A/V sound engineering equipment and techniques
- Basic understanding of networking technologies
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A continual learner
- Ability to work under stress
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Experience with A/V troubleshooting, recording, mixing, and editing is highly desired.