Religious | Presbyterian Church in America
Centreville, VA 20121
Posted: May 11, 2023
Application Deadline: Aug 31, 2023
The high school pastor will work alongside pastors of the English Congregation. The
youth pastor will help students understand the lifelong journey of faith and dependence
upon Christ. The pastor will encourage students to grow in the knowledge of God and
develop their love for Him and those around them. The pastor will shepherd the students
and create a safe place to belong in Christ, where they will develop the courage to stand
in the faith amidst unhealthy peer pressure. An ideal candidate should be a team player,
compassionate, and have an excellent understanding of the challenges young people
• Lead and abide by KCPC’s mission statement and values
• Oversee preaching and teaching for the ministry.
• Shepherd students with pastoral care and counseling, engaging them beyond
• Recruit, train, and lead a team of volunteers to support the high school ministry.
• Develop and maintain communication channels with parents and families of high
school students, keeping them informed about ministry events and opportunities.
• Maintain a budget for the high school ministry program and ensure responsible
stewardship of church resources.
• Prepare and lead major youth activities (mission trips, retreats, etc.)
• Collaborate with other church leaders to ensure alignment and support across all
• Prepare and lead weekly Friday night ministry.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive high school ministry program that aligns
with the church’s vision and values.
• Graduated from an accredited seminary with an M.Div.
• Ordination is a plus, but not required.
• Bilingual in Korean and English preferred.
• Receive and adopt the Westminster Standards per PCA requirements.
• Approve the form of government and discipline of PCA.
• Exude qualities of Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
• Must have a team ministry mindset.
• A heart for the Korean-American church.
• A committed and mature follower of Christ Jesus with a deep and consistent life
devoted to prayer and God’s Word.