Religious | Presbyterian Church in America
13521 Racetrack Rd
Tampa, FL 33626
Posted: May 17, 2023
Application Deadline: Jun 30, 2023
Preaching/Teaching the Word of God
• A skillful and experienced expositor of scripture, clearly capable of faithfully preaching the whole counsel
of God from Genesis to Revelation with humility and gentleness.
• Preaches the word with wisdom, both in and out of season, through a tested and unwavering love for
God and a sincere love for those who are in Christ and those who are yet to be. (2 Timothy 4:2)
• A vigilant under-shepherd of the Lord’s flock with the discernment and faith required to protect the flock
from false doctrine and maintain the peace and purity of the church with the utmost love and patience.
• Believes that God’s word is sufficient for training in righteousness and has the experience and patience
to show believers how to apply it and to walk with them until they have the faith to do so. (2 Timothy 3:16)
• A competent and understanding leader capable of mentoring and developing church leaders who can
equip church members for service to building up the body of Christ.
• A confident, collaborative, and transparent leader capable of organizing, training, and leading both
the Session and staff towards accomplishing their particular ministry in building up the body of Christ.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of senior pastor experience preferred
• Evidence of being respected as leader over elders through consistent integrity and dignity
• Meets the standards for an overseer / elder established in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Master of Divinity from an accredited seminary and ordained in the PCA