Religious | Presbyterian Church in America
1320 India Hook Rd
Rock Hill, SC 29732
Posted: Aug 9, 2023
Application Deadline: Dec 10, 2023
The Student Ministry of Westminster Presbyterian Church (Rock Hill, SC) is hiring a woman passionate about reaching teenage girls with the gospel of Jesus Christ for the role of assistant director of student ministries.
By God’s grace, the student ministry is flourishing. We are a team-oriented ministry with a focus on collaboration, staff leadership development, and a healthy work environment. Our team desires to implement a structured, relational student ministry focused on reaching and equipping teenagers from sixth grade until graduation. We aren’t perfect, but we love helping our folks find hope, freedom, and purpose in Jesus! The Student Ministry is a significant aspect of accomplishing this mission. For more information, please contact Rev. Caleb Blow at 205-913-5715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary purpose of the Student Ministries Assistant Director is to assist the Pastor of Student Ministries in the leadership the youth ministry. Driven by a passion for Christ and students, especially girls, the Student Ministries Assistant Director lovingly engages students and leads activities that fit the best use of her gifts. She is a member of a team dedicated to Christian service and shall therefore always seek to conduct herself in such a way that would be pleasing to the Lord. The Student Ministries Assistant Director must possess a personal and vital relationship with Jesus Christ and needs to be growing in her faith as a disciple of Christ and willing and able to disciple others.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Strong working knowledge of the Scriptures and the Reformed Faith.
- Ability to communicate biblical truths and reformed doctrine in a manner that maintains the integrity of the truth while contextualizing the message in a meaningful way for students to understand.
- Experience working with female students and their families within the context of the local church.
- Possesses a teachable heart, a good attitude, a joyful sense of humor, flexibility, and a spirit of unity.
- Empathetic and intuitive in decision-making.
- Possesses a knowledge of female students’ developmental stages of life and their current culture to strategically choose and implement appropriate programming.
- Relational with 6th – 12th grade students, especially females.
- Communicates and teaches with excitement.
- Excellent coaching and listening skills.
- Desire to equip students to live out the gospel in their lives through worship, spiritual transformation and mission impact within their communities and the world.