Other | Nondenominational
Watertown/Johnson Creek, WI 53066
Posted: Sep 28, 2023
Application Deadline: Oct 25, 2023
Watertown/Johnson Creek, WI
Weekly Attendance: 900
Location: Watertown, WI
The Role: Campus Pastor
Meet Hope Church:
Hope Church was started by a small group of 30 people with a God-sized vision for Oconomowoc. They didn’t have the money, the experience, or the pastor to plant a church. All they had was a burden. It broke their hearts that their community needed an outward-focused church. Compelled by this burden, Hope Church was born. Today, Hope Church is still relentlessly committed to the vision of creating a church that attracts and engages the unchurched. The three core values that shape their ministry and culture are Generosity, Community, and Outward Focus. In the Lake Country community, Hope Church is known as a church that is generous and partners with local charities, and it is known as a church to check out if you aren’t a church person.
In 2021, they took occupancy of their first facility. They’re already expanding their Kids Wing to increase capacity for Hope Kids and Hope Youth. Now, they’re preparing to launch their next campus in 2024.
Hope Church is a member of the North Point network of churches as well as a local network that is dedicated to multiplying the church in Wisconsin.
About the Campus Pastor:
The Campus Pastor is responsible for launching, leading, and executing all aspects of the second campus of Hope Church in the Watertown /Johnson Creek area. The pastor will ensure that the DNA of Hope Church (mission, vision, values, and culture) is embedded into the campus. This individual serves as the leader, vision caster, and champion of Hope’s mission and vision to the new location of Hope Church.
The person who will thrive in this role is a natural leader who galvanizes people around a common purpose, and can oversee the many details that are necessary to successfully launch and lead a church campus.
The Campus Pastor's Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for every aspect of the campus, including staff, volunteers, relationship with rented location, ministries and setup/takedown of weekend services.
- Create an environment that makes everyone—no matter their faith background—feel welcome and valued. This person will work with a central staff to prepare and execute every portion of the weekend experience.
- Develop a healthy leadership pathway that raises up leaders at the campus to own areas of ministry, and lead other volunteers.
- Lead and oversee the campus as a part of Hope Church, ensuring the overall vision and DNA of the church is embedded into the location.
- Serve as the primary stage communicator outside of the broadcasted message for weekend services.
- Be the primary recruiter of volunteers and leaders for ministries and small groups.
- Meet, invest, support & encourage volunteer leaders (weekend services, groups)
- Follow-up with new guests after weekend services, and help them take their next steps of faith (serving, groups)
- Implement key Hope Church ministries at Watertown/Johnson Creek location, including Hope Kids, Starting Point, Pathways and Group.s
- Work closely with central campus to report specific numbers/data needed for the church dashboard.
Goals and Expectations
The effective Campus Pastor will achieve the following goals:
- Lead the Watertown/Johnson Creek campus and understand the DNA of Hope Church overall.
- Be the “host” for Watertown/Johnson Creek campus every weekend - leading and inspiring the community to take the next steps of faith.
- Connect with the Watertown/Johnson Creek communities.
- Help to build up small groups.
- Show a willingness to continue learning.
- Be a team player with Oconomowoc campus.
- Be an active part of Hope Church - participate in a Hope Group, Lead and support volunteers at Sunday morning services, attend Hope Church staff meetings, and be actively embedded into the Hope culture.
- Play a key role in helping people at Hope Church take their next steps in engagement.
- Lead and perform additional tasks as identified by the candidate and Hope Church.
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Campus Pastor:
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- Seminary degree would be a bonus.
- 3 - 5 years of ministry experience much preferably on church staff.
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Humble, Hungry, Smart
- Detailed knowledge, agreement, and adherence to the Hope Church mission, vision, and values.
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to build, engage, and lead a team of volunteers.
- Takes their spiritual and leadership growth seriously.
- Passionate about leading others take their next steps of faith.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Is highly relational and able to connect with people.
- A good communicator - charismatic and professional.
- Operates in servant leadership.
- Influential and inspirational.
- Enjoys and is energized by being part of a team
- Comfortable with not always being the lead.
- Able to use discernment to place people where they need to be - a leader of leaders.
What it's Like to Live in Watertown/Johnson Creek, WI:
The City of Watertown/Johnson Creek, Wisconsin is big enough to have all the amenities you will need, but small enough to access them in 10 minutes or less. Watertown is truly a wonderful place to live, work, dine, shop, play and do business.
An Ideal and Idyllic Location
Halfway between Madison and Milwaukee, Watertown offers the perfect blend of small-town values, an outdoor lifestyle and modern convenience. We are a friendly, hard-working city surrounded by lush forests and beautiful farmland.
A Place Where Family Matters
Away from the hectic pace of urban life, Watertown residents can focus on what really counts—close-knit connections to family and friends, and building a caring community. The Watertown Unified School District, as well as a wide variety of parochial schools, provide superior educational services and learning environments.
Watertown offers a variety of top-notch core municipal services and amenities, including full-time police and paramedic-trained fire departments, a family-friendly aquatic center, a charming community/senior center on the river, city cab transportation and much more. The city has made significant investments that will transform the downtown and beyond. The Bentzin Family Town Square recently opened, and a $10 million expansion of the Watertown Public Library was completed in 2022.
A City For All Seasons
Watertown offers an abundance of recreation options. The city's ample park system is sure to impress, with 30 parks covering more than 300 acres. Wooded walking trails, a 21-hole Frisbee golf course, skate park, fishing areas, ice skating and cross-country skiing are among the many amenities offered. Don't miss the Watertown Aquatic Center, featuring water slides and activities for all ages, or kayaking the scenic Rock River.