Religious | Presbyterian Church in America
25 W. Cimarron St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Posted: Sep 28, 2023
Application Deadline: Dec 30, 2023
Grace + Peace Church Plant Resident
G+P Mission: Grace + Peace seeks the renewal of Colorado Springs by connecting with God,
caring for others, and cultivating in the city for the glory of Jesus Christ.
The church plant resident will work and minister alongside our Lead Pastor, Session, and Staff to
learn about the needs of Colorado Springs, grow and learn from G+P leadership, and prayerfully
plan for a church plant in the Colorado Springs area.
Goals for Residency:
- Learn G+P Church’s culture and philosophy of ministry.
- Address developmental goals.
- Gain additional pastoral ministry experience.
- Make a significant contribution to the ministry of G+P Church while serving on staff during the apprenticeship.
- Identify a target site and begin ministering there before launch, laying the groundwork for the new church.
- Begin the new church with a healthy launch team.
Three-Year Objective Outline
- Continue supporting the church planting culture at G+P through vision, planning, and implementation
- Develop teams for evening service
- Develop and implement a marketing and growth strategy for the evening service
- Preach and teach
- Start a new City Group
- Learn about the City and its Culture
- Neighborhood mapping
- Network/interview neighbors and stakeholders
- Investigate target/potential church sites
- Fundraising (vision casting, budgeting, etc.)
- Continue above
- Professional development and learning from other church plants and networks
- Identify a potential church site
- Start identifying launch team leaders
- Continue above
- Finalize the new church site
- Develop the launch team
- Begin praying and meeting regularly as a team, including practice/preview services
- Develop a plan for a discipleship structure
- G+P will commit $30,000 per year during the residency phase and then (if approved for planting) $30,000 per year for at least the first 3 years of the church plant.
- The Western Church Planting Network will commit $15,000 per year during the residency phase and then (if approved for planting) $35,000 per year for at least the first 3 years of the church plant.
- This means that residents receive $45,000 per year in the residency phase and (if approved for planting) $65,000 per year for at least the first 3 years of the church plant.
- The additional funds required to meet the salary below must be raised by the church planting resident.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary + Benefits: $105,000
- Time Off: Four weeks of vacation, two weeks sick leave, and one week of study leave.
1. Shall evidence spiritual maturity and Godly character and meet the scriptural qualifications of I Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5–9.
2. Shall agree with the Westminster Confession of Faith.
3. Shall have a seminary degree and be an ordained (or planning to become ordained) minister in the Presbyterian Church of America.
4. Shall evidence a heart for evangelism and discipleship.
5. Shall demonstrate a healthy balance of ministry with family or personal well-being.
6. Must have a passion for ministry and be gifted in teaching and preaching.
How to Apply
To apply please send a resume, two sermons (video is preferred) and philosophy of ministry or a ministerial data form from the PCA Admin Committee. Apply by December 30, 2023, Submit applications to Dr. Key at email@example.com.
Primary Contact: Dr. Key
Apply Online: View