Campus Employment | Presbyterian Church in America
12330 Conway Road
St. Louis, MO 63141
Posted: Oct 2, 2023
Application Deadline: Oct 31, 2023
The J. Oliver Buswell Jr. Library at Covenant Theological Seminary is seeking a service-oriented and collaborative professional to serve as full-time Public Services Librarian.
- Provide reference services for students and faculty.
- Teach information literacy and library use skills through in-class presentations, workshops, online sessions, and videos.
- Develop guides to aid students in research and use of the library.
- Promote library services through campus communication channels and social media.
- Oversee all operations and staffing of the circulation desk, including 4 student workers.
- Formulate, implement, and optimize circulation policies and procedures in coordination with other library staff.
- Maintain course reserves.
- Identify and address lost, late, damaged, and missing materials.
- Manage borrowing and lending activity through the MOBIUS consortium, and work collaboratively with other institutions to address problems.
- Help maintain a welcoming and professional environment.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited school;
- a master’s-level seminary degree with interest in pursuing a library degree.
- Ability to build and sustain effective interpersonal relationships with library staff, students, faculty, and visitors.
- Analytical, organizational, and time management skills, and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, and library-related applications. Working knowledge of standard office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Capacity to adapt to a changing environment and to respond effectively to new needs and priorities.
- Prior experience in an academic library environment, preferably in public services.
- Familiarity with theology, biblical studies, and related fields.
How to Apply
Statement of Faith
As Covenant Theological Seminary is an agency of the Presbyterian Church in America, applicants must be prepared to provide a statement of Christian faith in keeping with the mission and values of the Seminary.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to Mr. Steve Jamieson, Library Director. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Primary Contact: Steve Jamieson
Apply Online: View