The Church Planting Internship at Arise is intended to provide a young leader in the Church an opportunity to intentionally prepare for church planting and ministry in the Church through service and leadership at a current church plant. This position will be adapted to the skills and needs of the intern.
This position is highly flexible. Candidate must be willing to learn and grow along with the community at Arise. Hours per week and term of internship are adaptable. Based on skills, experience, and long-term goals, the following responsibilities may be expected:
- Pray, plan, and prepare for planting church after graduation.
- Pursue discipleship opportunities (through prayer, reading, and mentoring) to grow in wisdom and ability to serve more effectively as a leader and pastor.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Attend elder-staff events, including Arise Elder Pipeline meetings as able.
- Respond to messages in a timely fashion.
- Maintain active social media presence.
- Attend Arise outreach events.
- Preach 2-4 times per year, as requested by lead pastor.
- Assist with Sunday morning programming as needed.
- Be present at all Sunday morning gatherings (with no more than 5 absences per year).
- Engage in an intern reading list and discussions with lead pastor.
- Participate in AriseU.
- Lead or co-lead a small group.
- Lead or co-lead at least one serving team that will develop skills as a church planter.
- Attend quarterly deacon meetings.
- Regularly mentor or apprentice 1-2 leaders or future leaders.
- Baptized follower of Jesus walking in obedience to the commands of Christ.
- Comfortable working in a mere Christian church.
- Desire to serve as a church planter or work in a church plant. (Preferred)
- Completed bachelor's degree and concurrent pursuit of a master's degree. (Preferred)
- Preaching and/or creative culture (social media, design, etc.) experience.