Religious | Presbyterian Church in America
N3145 STATE ROAD 32
SHEBOYGAN FALLS, WI 53085
Posted: Jan 19, 2021
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
Pastor of Family and Worship: We are in search of a pastor to help new and existing people grow in their faith by fostering a healthy community within our church and to lead our worship teams. Other responsibilities include: preaching, teaching, counseling, recruiting, and being an assistant to the Senior Pastor.
Gibbsville Church: Gibbsville Church is a growing multi-generational church. Based on the Great Commandment and the Great Commission our mission is To Know God and Make Him Known. We strive to make our church both a home and a mission. A home where we love God, meet people’s needs, and challenge each other to grow spiritually and a mission where we reach new people by sharing our faith. Gibbsville church serves about 550 people and our worship attendance is around 350-400. Our current staff includes Senior Pastor, Youth Pastor, Director of Children’s Ministries, Director of Media, Pastor of Visitation, and Secretary. Since Covid-19 we have been growing. The increase of new families, both in person and online, has been a great blessing. We need to hire another full-time pastor to help these new people and our existing families stay connected to the gospel and each other.
Our Community: Gibbsville is a great place to raise a family. Gibbsville is located in the Bible Belt of Wisconsin. About 40% of the people in Gibbsville, Oostburg, Cedar Grove, and Hingham area attend church regularly compared to about 18% in the rest of the state. Gibbsville Church has a reputation of being a very friendly place. Our schools rank very high in the area and there is a wonderful sense of community. Within an hour, hopefully soon, you can travel to a Bucks or Packers game.
Our Worship: Gibbsville Church has a blended worship style. Our services start with contemporary songs and then transition to more traditional music. We've had part-time worship leaders in the past and now we need to hire a full-time pastor to bring consistency and leadership to our worship team.
Job Duties: (45-50 hrs/week)
Small Groups and assimilation of new people (15 hrs/week)
● Cast vision and train people to lead small groups.
● Help start new small groups.
● Connect with new people one-on-one.
● Foster new ways to develop community within our church.
● Oversee new membership classes.
Worship (12 hrs/week)
● Craft, lead, and direct all music for worship services.
● Train and recruit new members for the worship teams.
● Establish and maintain schedules for worship teams.
● Work closely with our Director of Media for all Audio and Video needs.
Teaching (8-10 hrs/week)
● Preach 4-7 times a year.
● Lead a small group.
● Teach on special topics when needs arise.
Pastoral Care (5-7 hrs/week)
● Visit those struggling, lonely, or in crisis.
● Funerals and weddings when called upon.
● Provide counseling for those that request it.
Staff/Administration (5 hrs/week)
● Collaborate with staff and church volunteers.
● Attend staff meetings.
● Keep up with communications, emails, facebook, and phone calls.
The following characteristics are desired in the candidates personal profile:
● Spiritual Maturity: Loves the Lord and people and is able to admit mistakes and find joy in God’s grace. Meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
● Heart for Outreach and Community: Has a heart for reaching people far from God and those disconnected from church.
● Musically Gifted: Exhibits the skill needed to lead people in worship and can create an atmosphere of worship.
● Able to Cast Vision and Lead: We are looking for a self-starter who will also receive support and encouragement from the staff team.
● People Person: Enjoys people in general and models hospitality and knows how to use their home, school, and general life as a ministry tool.
● Team Player: Willing to do what it takes with the staff to get the mission accomplished.
● Embraces Gibbsville Church’s Mission: To Know God and Make Him Known.