Religious | Presbyterian Church in America
701 Mohawk Parkway
Cape Coral, FL 33914
Posted: Apr 22, 2021
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
The assistant pastor to glorify god through growing and developing his talents and gifts in all areas of pastoral ministry while assisting the senior pastor and session with particular focus on youth and music. Exodus 18: 17-23
- Teach and Shepherd the youth in the church.
- Evangelize and disciple students personally.
- Offer counsel and encouragement to students as they deal with the challenges and concerns associated with adolescence. Communicate to the pastor all serious emotional and spiritual issues involving youth and parents.
- Oversee the Youth Ministry and Children’s Ministry to students through volunteers.
- Lead and recruit adult and college age leaders to assist in the planning and running of the youth ministry.
- Offer Biblical instruction (along with volunteer leaders) to students involved in the ministry through weekly Bible studies. (Youth Group Bible Study FLOCKS Group every Wednesday)
- Manage and oversee the selection of materials for student Sunday School and small groups.
- Visitation of the sick as needed.
- Host or participate in a Flocks Group.
Worship Service Music
- Lead and participate in Sunday morning music ministry.
- Recruit and develop volunteer youth and adults with musical talent.
- Play an instrument, guitar or piano.
Preaching the Gospel
- Preach on occasion, as needed.
- On average once every 5-6 weeks.
Prayer for the flock
- Shepherding groups / Youth.
- Meet regularly with the pastor for prayer.
- Meet regularly with the Pastor for mutual encouragement and vision casting.
- Attend and Participate in Staff meetings.
- Attend and Participate in Session meetings.
- Create, organize, and publicize ministry activities and programs designed to forward the goals of the ministry.
- Maintain order and discipline with youth at church events.
Study / Theological reading to develop greater depth and breadth of understanding
- Apart from Sermon preparation.
Conferences and Study Leave
- A good conference as needed for encouragement, education, and stimulus
- Attend General Assembly of the PCA and Presbytery, as needed.
- The relentlessness of pastoral leadership, unlike other professions, requires a sabbatical.
- A Study Leave or Sabbatical will be required every seven years for a 3-month period.
- A Study Leave or Sabbatical will be carefully planned in conjunction with the elders to include some holiday, a study plan and visiting other churches.
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Licensed or Ordained or on road to being Licensed and Ordained.
- Ability to preach and teach
- Ability to sing and play the guitar and/or piano
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Good Communicator
- Passionate about and patient with the Bride of Christ