Nonprofit | Nondenominational
PO Box 7500
Bristol, TN 37621
Posted: Jun 3, 2021
Application Deadline: Dec 1, 2021
The Associate Regional Director of the MIDWEST Region works with the Regional Director in overseeing a multi– state region with an emphasis upon the spiritual development of healthcare students, residents and professionals. This task is accomplished primarily through the development, training, and supervision of local associate staff and area directors, and the training and discipleship of student leaders, campus advisors, and graduate leaders. The ultimate goals are to motivate, coach, educate and equip Christian healthcare professionals and students to pursue God’s call on their lives, to make an impact and transform lives with the gospel and encourage Christian community among healthcare professionals.
• Connect members with opportunities, resources, and other members to help them prepare for their call and/or keep them connected with the body of Christ in healthcare.
• Train and disciple student leaders, campus advisors, and graduate leaders.
• Minister to the spiritual, professional, and personal needs of students, residents and healthcare professionals through a variety of ministry initiatives (e.g. individual contacts, leadership conferences, Global Missions Health Conference, regional conferences, the CMDA national convention, and national specialty meetings.)
• Develop and maintain systems of ongoing connection with individual leaders and local ministry groups/campus chapters throughout the year.
• Be responsible for the administration and oversight of a regional budget.
• Create a fundraising development plan that discovers/recruits new donors as well as
maintains and cultivates current ones.
• Communicate and update progress, plans and challenges through monthly reports.
• Promote Associations’ membership and involvement.
• Invest in relationships with campus advisors, student, resident and graduate leaders and CMDA state representatives within your region.
• Supervise Associate and Area Directors in your region.
• Manage workflow and information exchange from local ministry groups/campus chapters to National Campus & Communities Ministry office.
• Generate new local leadership teams and recruit new area staff.
• Cultivate members for national leadership responsibilities.
• Any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the VP for CCM for the success of the Region and its constituents
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• An earned graduate degree from an accredited institution.
• Proven character and spiritual maturity.
• Skilled knowledge of the Scriptures and the expertise to apply the wisdom of God’s Word to the challenges of professional life.
• Needs effectively to identify, release and mobilize the necessary resources to accomplish strategic goals.
• Outstanding communication skills in speaking and writing.
• Leadership and administrative experience to develop people and programs, especially in the areas of evangelism, discipleship, leadership development, and fund raising.
• Requires creativity, intellectual flexibility and a person who is a self-starter.
• Exceptional people skills, including the ability to motivate others.
• The ability to readily receive direction, the desire to grow personally and professionally, and to cultivate a teachable spirit.
• Versatility—the ability to work well with a wide range of people, including healthcare profession students, residents, physicians, dentists, PAs, NPs, etc., in academics or practice, spouses, men and women, retired, married, and single persons.
• Unqualified agreement with the CMDA Statement of Purpose, CMDA Statement of Faith, and Core Bioethical Position Statements and acceptance of the CMDA Confidentiality Agreement.
• Willing to travel extensively.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Previous para-church ministry experience
• Ordained or prepared to seek ordination
How to Apply
Associate Regional Director Hiring Information Christian Medical & Dental Associations
Why are we hiring for this position?
CMDA has a couple of big transitions coming up. CMDA and our Campus & Community Ministries are looking to hire 2 Associate Regional Directors for both the Midwest & Western Regions. These positions will work in tandem with the current Regional Directors but will eventually assume the Regional Directors’ role upon Michael McLaughlin and Allan Harmer’s scheduled retirements in late 2022.
- Summer of 2021 - Posting the position through various networks and public postings. Acquiring CVs and cover letters from candidates. Initial screening in rolling process will occur throughout the summer.
- Sept-Nov, 2021 - Interviews with top-tier candidates, personality and professional assessments, punctuated with on-site interviews at CMDA HQ.
- Dec. 2021 - Hiring decisions to be made.
- January 2022 - Begin role/onboarding
- January 2022-Fall of 2022 - Working in the role as ARD
- Late fall - December 2022 - Retirement of current RD. ARDs to assume role upon the current RDs transition to retirement.
What are the Midwest and Western regions? To discover the scope and further information about the the regions, we encourage you to visit that information online - https://ccm.cmda.org/regional-communities
Primary Contact: Susan Carter
Apply Online: View