Religious | Nondenominational
903 N. Second St.
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Posted: Jul 20, 2021
Application Deadline: Nov 1, 2021
DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP ARTS JOB DESCRIPTION Revised 7.13.21
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
· Responsible for planning, directing, development, and performance of the ministry of Worship Arts at Eden Church. Selecting Christian music for the congregation, weekly planning, rehearsing, and leading of Sunday Worship in conjunction with the Senior Pastor. Directing rehearsals and performances of choral, instrumental, drama or other worship arts in both traditional and contemporary styles and fulfilling the current needs of the church’s ministry goals. Gathering and developing Worship Arts volunteers. Responsible for management of Worship Arts Media Team.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
· Profess a Christian faith and continue to grow theologically.
· A bachelor’s degree in worship arts or equivalent experience preferred
· Be committed to the vision and mission of Eden Church
· Be honest, reliable, enthusiastic, self-disciplined and work collaboratively
· Submit to background and reference checks
· Knowledge of traditional, contemporary worship styles and traditions
· Knowledge of vocal and instrumental training, techniques and performance
· Timely and consistent attendance, and evening availability for rehearsals and committee meetings
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Plan liturgy for all worship services in conjunction with Senior Pastor
· Communicate rehearsal and worship schedule using Planning Center Online
· Works collaboratively with Worship Arts Committee and perform special events
· Acquire, select, and arrange music that compliments the abilities of the congregation and supports the style and theme of the service
· Maintain and grow volunteer participation in Worship Arts Ministry
Active Worship Arts Ministries at Eden Church:
Chancel Bells: September through May at traditional/combined service – plays 1 time a month
Eden Choir: September through May – sings 2-3 times a month
Praise Band: Year-Round – plays weekly.
· Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers to run digital presentations and produce digital media for worship services
· Provide opportunities for kids to sing
· Submit an annual budget for Worship Arts ministry as needed
ACCOUNTABILITY AND EXPECTATIONS:
· Supports, is supervised by, and receives guidance from the Senior Pastor
· Work collaboratively with Senior Pastor and other members of the Church staff
· Will be evaluated regularly by Senior Pastor and Personnel Committee
· Participates in weekly staff meetings and attends other meetings in regard to liaison responsibilities
· Staff liaison responsible to Worship Arts Committee
Hours: 16-40 hours depending on agreed upon responsibilities.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience.
*****Please email cover letter and resume to Jobs@edenchurch-edw.org.
Applicants must be able to lead Sunday morning worship at our Church. Applicants should be strong vocalists and possess the ability to play either the guitar, piano, drums, or other musical instruments. Ideally, applicants can help develop volunteer vocalists and musicians to serve our local church.