Religious | Evangelical Free Church of America
329 North Williamson
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Posted: Aug 5, 2021
Application Deadline: Oct 29, 2021
Christ Community Church is a multi-staff winsomely reformed evangelical church in suburban Daytona Beach, Florida.
We’re looking for an executive pastor with proven commitment and ability to join our team and serve the church by serving the senior pastor and elders to implement the church’s vision and ministry priorities freeing the senior pastor to focus on preaching, pastoring, vision and leadership.
Previous to the pandemic, our regular attendance was over 500 people in three services. At present, we are back to “in-person” worship and are averaging around 350 people in attendance in two services. Many of our people who have not returned to “in-person” worship are watching our Livestream. Twenty percent of our congregation are children representing a healthy proportion of young families. In addition, we have a significant ministry to college students. We are also a church-planting church, having planted or partnered to plant four daughter churches both locally and long-distance. We desire to continue our church planting while also regrouping in the next season and reaching out in the years to come.
Our senior and founding pastor, Larry Kirk, has lead Christ Community Church for over three decades and has served as Adjunct Professor of Practical Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary for more than twenty years. We are members of the Evangelical Free Church of America and the Gospel Coalition. We are winsomely reformed in our theology of salvation and practice believer’s baptism. Our style of worship and ministry is contemporary but rooted in Biblical integrity and the rich theology of the gospel. Our purpose statement is “to make disciples of Jesus who glorify God by following Christ daily.”
The salary and benefits package for this position is commensurate with education and experience.
Christ Community Church is centrally located on the Westside of Daytona Beach, about 5 miles from the ocean. Daytona Beach is a principal city of the Deltona–Daytona Beach–Ormond Beach, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area, home to approximately 500,000. It is located about 50 miles North East of Orlando along the strategic I-4 corridor linking Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa.
- Agreement with Christ Community Church, Daytona Beach’s theological position, core values, and significant distinctives
- A strong commitment to serving and praying for the health, maturity, worship, and spiritual vitality of the church, serving as a model for others
- Personable and relational with a desire and track record of working well with people and adapting to the needs of ministry to foster the purpose of the church
- Experience developing creative solutions through proven problem-solving techniques to address complex challenges
- Strong organization and project management skills, ensuring timely delivery of ministry objectives
- Seven plus years of relevant ministry and servant-leadership experience in a church setting including developing, mentoring, and coaching leaders
- Ability to teach and expositionally preach biblically sound, engaging, effective, gospel-centered messages preferred
- Master’s degree or equivalent with Bible, Theology, or Ministry major preferred
How to Apply
For a detailed job description please email Kim Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more on our beliefs, vision, and values please check out the following links.
Submit cover letter and resume with a statement of faith and references to:
Identify the subject as: “Executive Pastor.”
Primary Contact: Kim Smith