Religious | Presbyterian Church in America
2310 Briarwood Trace
Birmingham, AL 35243
Posted: Aug 5, 2021
Application Deadline: Nov 8, 2021
The Christian Medical Ministry of Alabama (CMMA) is a ministry of Briarwood Presbyterian Church, PCA, helping healthcare students and professionals know Christ through discipleship, while caring for them relationally and equipping them spiritually and professionally to reach the medical community for Christ.
The primary responsibility of the Executive Director for CMMA is to direct, coordinate, and participate in multiplying disciples in the context of a movement which impacts the environment of the healthcare community in Birmingham, Alabama and beyond with the Gospel. Major responsibilities include providing spiritual direction to healthcare students on campus and practitioners in the community through individual discipleship and small group studies, prioritizing missions through conference/guest speakers and coordinating various trips each year, raising needed support for the ministry to function effectively, providing training and oversight to staff associates, as well as serving on the Briarwood Staff Leadership Team.
POSITION SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Gospel-Focused: should walk in a manner worthy of the Gospel and be a student of God’s Word; should be passionate about evangelism and discipleship;
- Leadership: ability to develop team members and delegate tasks to staff associates as well as many volunteers; must be teachable and enthusiastic about learning (especially about medical terminology and the culture of healthcare); must be a visionary for the ministry who is organized and goal-oriented;
- Fundraising: raise money for the ministry and lead others in their personal support raising;
- Relational: ability to connect with large and small groups that are diverse in age and life experiences; intentional and compassionate in developing and maintaining relationships with healthcare students and working practitioners; lead small groups and teach in large group settings; counsel single individuals and married couples;
- Communication: ability to communicate effectively and efficiently to broad audiences through spoken and written means.
- Established and experienced working within an Evangelical ministry;
- Proven financial support raiser;
- Ordained or ordainable within the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA);
- Prior experience managing a team;
- Trained and experienced in counseling people from a Biblical world and life view.