Religious | Presbyterian Church in America
420 North Front Street
North Liberty, IA 52317
Posted: Aug 11, 2021
Application Deadline: Dec 31, 2021
· In coordination with the Session help to set the vision of the church’s ministry and apply strategic thinking and planning to move the church membership toward realization of that vision, as God would grant.
· Study trends in culture and critically assess its beliefs and values, equipping the church to be an instrument of grace and reconciliation in a broken world, and to recognize and stand against any beliefs and values that go against the revealed will of God
· Moderate Session and congregational meetings, making sure that the various aspects of the church’s ministry are functioning as they should and that the church and Session are adhering to Biblical principles, the PCA Book of Church Order, Iowa Presbytery Standing Rules and the local church priorities.
· Prepare order of worship for each week’s service, consulting with office staff, music personnel and session as appropriate.
· Prepare and teach Sunday School lessons each Sunday. typically to an adult class, but could be to high school or other classes as arranged with the Session.
· Preach at Sunday morning service.
· Administer the Sacraments - Lord's Supper observed weekly, baptism as needed.
· Officiate other services as needed (e.g. funerals, weddings)
· Lead training sessions for elder and deacon nominees as needed.
· Lead new member classes as needed.
· As needed, provide pastoral counseling e.g., call on the sick, counsel those seeking spiritual guidance, counsel those needing correction, premarriage counseling, marriage counseling). There would not need to be a prearranged schedule (i.e., calendar for routine contact) for these activities.
· Maintain a routine presence in the office. It is the expectation of the Session that the pastor would ordinarily hold to a 5-day work week (Sunday being considered ½ day).
· Attend regularly and maintain an appropriate engagement with presbytery and denominational meetings.
Candidates should have a minimum of one year of ministry experience and a seminary degree.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates may send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· cover letter
· your resume
· PCA Ministerial Data Form
· links to your recent sermons
We look forward to hearing from you and know that our faithful God will answer our prayers and provide our next pastor for Hope Evangelical.
- Hope Evangelical Pastoral Nominating Committee
Primary Contact: Sarah Frange