Education | Presbyterian Church in America
2145 N Ballas Rd
Town and Country, MO 63131
Posted: Aug 23, 2021
Application Deadline: Feb 16, 2022
Demonstrate patience, humility, integrity, and kindness while performing essential responsibilities as assigned by the Aftercare Coordinator by supervising, playing with, and being a positive role model for students participating in Covenant Christian School’s Aftercare program.
The carrying out of these responsibilities is to be consistent with Covenant’s recognition that children are whole persons, created in the image of God and are to be treated with dignity and respect.
The Aftercare Aide reports directly to the Aftercare Coordinator.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for all students in Aftercare.
- Engage with students through sports or other play.
- Report any concerns to the Aftercare Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Assist students with homework as needed.
- Maintain positive relationships with students, staff, and families.
- Accurately sign students in and out.
- Help with organization and clean up.
- Present a professional attitude with regards to parents; allowing the Aftercare Coordinator to discuss any behavior or other problems with the parents.
- Maintain professionalism in regard to making any personal phone calls or taking care of personal business during time working with students during Aftercare.
- Other duties as assigned by the Aftercare Coordinator.
- Supervise students at all times. Unless given specific permission by the Aftercare
- Coordinator, Aftercare Aides may not be on their phones at any time.
- Arrive for work no later than 3:15pm and be prepared to stay until 5:30pm.
- Notify the Aftercare Coordinator at least 48 hours before a planned absence or as soon as possible for an unplanned absence (i.e. sickness or another emergency). Excessive absences may result in termination.
- Be appropriate in all conversations with and around students.
- An active member of an evangelical Christian Church.
- A profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.