Religious | Evangelical Covenant Order (ECO)
235 New Ballwin Rd
Ballwin, MO 63021
Posted: Sep 8, 2021
Application Deadline: Sep 30, 2021
Director of Student Ministry
Faithful Missional Creative Visionary Optimistic Curious Energetic
We’re ready to welcome a Student’s Pastor to help launch our student ministry to the next level. We are approaching our third anniversary of weekly gatherings, and now that we’ve successfully launched the church plant, journeyed through a pandemic together, and come out the other side stronger in resolve and faith, we believe God has someone in mind to come and lead our students. Therefore,
we are seeking a creative leader with a passion
for connecting with students in a personal and meaningful way
and inspiring the students of RTCC reflect Christ daily;
he or she will love energetically building
and all the opportunities and challenges from shaping students
for Gospel-impact in an ever-shifting culture.
We invite all qualified and called men and women to consider joining us.
Our context is Ballwin, MO, a beautiful, family-friendly suburb of St. Louis, a great place to live, work and play, and an intriguing place to plant a church.
Our vision is to be a church family that lives out our mission together through:
authentically loving God, graciously loving ourselves, and tangibly loving our neighbors. We see our students as a vital part of this vision and so we want to provide them with support, encouragement, and every opportunity to lead the way forward in this vision.
● Approximately 15 hrs / week, including weekend gatherings
● Starting rate of $20 / hour
● This could be a great role for a developing leader
Responsible for the oversight of student ministry in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and the Elder Board, the responsibilities are:
Mission / Outreach
1. Modeling relational evangelism and missional living in West County
2. Instilling a missional mindset in students through the planning and running of local mission events
3. Seek out and identify events/locations to be an ambassador of RTCC
1. Leading students through biblical teaching, compassionate relationships, and sound example.
2. Identify and nurture budding leaders among the RTCC students
1. Gather students for regular meetings where spiritual growth and personal relationships can flourish
2. Modeling relational discipleship
3. Laying groundwork for future growth of student ministry
1. Be present and interactive on Sundays
2. Head up student lesson planning and execution
3. Teaching as part of the Sunday morning teaching team
1. General admin duties
● Called and gifted for Student Ministry
● Can personally endorse ECO’s Essential Tenets and ECO polity
● Fruitful leadership track record of building, developing, and mentoring
● Degree in a relevant field
● Experience in a church plant, a new ministry, or entrepreneurial context
● Experience in a missional church context
How to Apply
Please answer each of the following questions in 100 words or less:
- What is the Gospel?
- What does it mean to be a Christian?
- Why should Christians go to church?
- Why should we plant churches in suburbia?
- In your experience, what is the best way to connect/relate with students?
Primary Contact: Jesse Kisman