The Grounds department at Covenant Seminary seeks a part-time employee for immediate hire. This opportunity is conveniently located on-campus, and hours are scheduled to avoid conflict with student class schedules. Former student employees have found that the outdoor physical labor of this job provides a helpful balance to their graduate studies.
The Grounds department cares for all the lawns, landscapes, hardscapes, roadways and walkways on campus. As a member of this team, you will assist with the following types of activities:
- mowing lawns
- line-trimming (weed-eating)
- raking leaves & gathering fallen limbs
- weeding & cleaning mulched areas and grounds
- snow removal
To perform this job well, a candidate must meet these basic requirements:
- Able to work outdoors in diverse weather conditions
- Take direction well and follow instructions
- Work independently and safely to complete assigned tasks and projects
- Physically able to push a lawn mower and wheelbarrow, rake leaves, shovel snow, pick up and move items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Able to identify basic lawn and gardening tools
Previous landscaping and grounds (i.e. lawn maintenance) experience preferred. First consideration will be given to candidates who are current students with experience operating zero-turn lawnmowers, manual transmission vehicles, line trimmers (weed-eaters), and other grounds / yard maintenance tools and equipment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume by email to Jason Carmichael (firstname.lastname@example.org). In your email message, please indicate:
- Whether you meet the basic requirements
- Whether you meet any of the preferred requirements
- Your level of past experience
- Ideal number of working hours per week
If you have questions or are wondering if you qualify, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Pay depends on experience.
Primary Contact: Jason Carmichael