Covenant Café is reopening and looking to hire baristas this Fall! We are currently accepting applications for multiple positions.
Besides preparing coffee beverages, baristas’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- All the duties related to opening the Café in the mornings and closing it in the afternoons / evenings
- Food and cash handling
- Operating cash register system
- Directly serving customers
- Restocking products
- Cleaning work area throughout the day
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Customer service skills and ability to maintain poise and friendliness during "rush" times.
- Evidence of good judgment and ability to work independently in the café making beverages, handling food and operating the cash register.
- Understanding of and compliance with policies and safe food-handling regulations.
- Available for a minimum of one opening shift per week.
Once hired, all candidates must:
- Complete all necessary training.
- Provide evidence of Hepatitis A immunity or vaccination.
St. Louis County Food Code requires employers to obtain from food-handling employees a written certification of Hep A immunity or vaccination from a health care provider. In the absence of written certification, candidates must receive a Hepatitis A vaccination within 30 days of employment.
- Previous barista experience is preferred but not a requirement.
- Previous food service, retail and/or customer service experience.
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity please send your resume and class schedule to Jason Carmichael (firstname.lastname@example.org). This opportunity is open to current students and/or current student spouses.
In your email message, please indicate:
- Whether you meet the basic requirements
- Whether you meet any of the preferred requirements
- Ideal number of working hours per week
If you have questions or are wondering if you qualify, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Primary Contact: Jason Carmichael