City Church is a local body of believers standing with the best of the ancient Christian tradition committed to renewing the City of Corpus Christi, TX socially, spiritually, and culturally. We are committed to the historical orthodox teachings of the church.
Currently we are searching for our next lead pastor to come serve according to the requests below.
Position: Lead Pastor
Reports to: Elder Team
- $77,000 - $95,000
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Shepherding: The Pastor will lead the elder team in knowing, leading, feeding, and caring for the congregants of City Church.
- The Pastor also will provide leadership and work with elders in planning and executing all areas of ministry in regards to discipleship and ministry training, in coordination with other ordained and lay leaders.
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share with other ordained and lay ministers in hospital visitation, home visits, counseling, marriages and funerals.
- The Pastor will serve as the main preacher of the elder team but will also labor to develop other preachers from the congregation.
- Strategic leadership and planning: The Pastor is responsible for strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s purpose in alignment with the current three year vision.
- Coordinating/leading weekly staff meetings and other activities to clarify and execute goals and objectives.
- Monitoring the spiritual pulse of the congregation through review and accountability.
- Ensuring staffing, facilities and programs are effectively aligned to meet strategic goals.
- Leadership development: The Pastor serves as director to ordained and lay staff and lay volunteers, and leads, evaluates, and mentors existing staff in their respective areas of ministry by:
- Overseeing staff training and development.
- Hiring and dismissing staff and prioritizing staff additions after consultation and guidance from the elders.
- Maintaining efficient and effective lines of communication between the staff and elders.
4. Administration: The Pastor oversees and executes the administration of the church through appropriate staff and lay leadership teams, and ensures the completion of ministry, business, facility, and logistical support functions through staff and lay volunteers. He must:
- Supervise the Church Administrator and provide direction, as needed, for the effective functioning of the front office support functions.
- Oversee development of and adherence to church policies and procedures.
- Masters or Seminary degree preferred but not required
- Proven track record of developing disciples and leaders
- 5 years of pastoral experience as associate, lead, or spiritual formation pastor
- Professors looking to reenter pastoral ministry will be given special consideration