Other | Presbyterian Church in America
1250 Lexington Drive
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
Posted: Oct 6, 2021
Application Deadline: Dec 31, 2021
PASTORAL INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
EASTBRIDGE PRESBYTERIAN, MOUNT PLEASANT, SC
· Mentoring Relationship – The senior pastor will take time weekly to spend with the intern praying with the intern, developing the relationship, talking about the challenges and joys of ministry, and seeking to impart lessons learned from a life in ministry. The intern will also shadow the pastor and elders in various shepherding settings. Supervision and oversight assist the intern in developing strong spiritual disciplines and skills.
· Preaching & Teaching – Preaching once every 8-12 weeks at first, then moving to every 6 weeks following the first 6 months. Our Sunday School program will also give opportunities for the intern to teach classes to adults or youth.
· Leading in Worship – Every week the intern will participate in leading some aspect of the worship service on Sunday. The senior pastor will spend time training the intern in this duty. The intern will also be trained in how to prepare worship services.
· Pastoring the Youth (Jr. & Sr. High) – We desire a man with pastoral gifts to care for our youth and point them continually to Jesus Christ, as he teaches them the Scriptures and models for them how to grow in Christ.
· Evangelism – Paul told Timothy to “do the work of an evangelist” (2 Tim. 4:5). We believe it is essential that the internship includes consistent opportunities to evangelize.
· Administration & Leadership – The intern will have an opportunity to lead session meetings, attend staff meetings, participate in committee meetings, and lead congregants in ministry projects.
· Home visitation with pastors and elders
· Hospital and other visits with Pastors and elders
· Meet with Senior Pastor and staff weekly. Pastor Meeting includes: Sermon review, Sermon preparation, Discuss other responsibilities, Book study
· Attend all Session and Presbytery meetings
· Monthly report to session
Preaching and Leading Worship
· At least 6 sermons at Eastbridge in 12-month period
· Lead morning worship as needed/weekly
· In addition to teaching youth, there will be some opportunities to teach Adults
· Books, articles and recordings prescribed as necessary depending on the interns need.
· Attend Diaconate meetings
· Attend all regular church functions
· It is expected that the internship will last a full year. Other durations are negotiable.
· Salary to be determined
See job description