Religious | Evangelical Free Church of America
1375 Carman Road
Manchester, MO 63021
Posted: Oct 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Dec 31, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: While some remote work is possible, applicants should be available for on-site work weekly.
The Kid Connection (KC) Events Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to design and oversee special events for the KC at First Free Church.
This position is a part-time, hourly (non-exempt) position of approximately 10 hours per week.
- Collaborate with the KC Staff Team to develop ideas for special events for children and families.
- Coordinate arrangements for KC events, including volunteers.
- Coordinate promotional materials for special events with the Communications Team.
- Enter events into Planning Center and communicate with the Facilities Team regarding special needs for events.
- Direct staff and volunteers as needed during KC events.
Character and Commitment
- Is committed to the vision, values, and beliefs of First Free Church.
- Loves working with adult and teenage volunteers and seeing them use their gifting to minister effectively.
- Understands the value of children’s ministry and partnering with parents to disciple children.
- Able to recruit, train, and develop volunteer and leadership teams for events.
- Takes initiative and finds creative ways to include volunteers and make events fun within budget constraints.
- A team player with a positive attitude who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Has a teachable heart and cooperative spirit.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in conduct with staff and volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience organizing events with multiple volunteers and many moving parts.
- Complies with a background check.
- Proficient with email and Google Docs.