Religious | Evangelical Free Church of America
1375 Carman Road
Manchester, MO 63021
Posted: Oct 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Dec 31, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: While some remote work is possible, applicants should be available for on-site work weekly.
The Early Elementary Coordinator’s primary responsibility is overseeing ministry to children 1st through 3rd grade as part of the Kid Connection (KC) ministry. This includes:
- Casting vision for Early ElementaryMinistry in coordination with the KC Team Leader and Senior Pastor.
- Recruiting and developing ministry volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Spending time working on ministry improvement and equipping volunteers to accomplish routine ministry tasks and oversee regular operations.
- Working with the rest of the KC Staff Team on ministry-wide events and initiatives.
This position is a part-time, hourly (non-exempt) position of approximately 25-29 hours per week.
- Recruit and train volunteers and volunteer leaders for the Early Elementary Ministry.
- Develop volunteers using Leadership Pipeline principles (coaching provided).
- Work with the KC Staff Team to provide training and support for parents.
- Work with the KC Staff Team Lead to select curriculum for the Early Elementary Ministry.
- Establish and maintain appropriate health and safety procedures in the Early Elementary Ministry.
- Follow and enforce First Free Church’s policies and procedures.
- Meet regularly with the KC Team Leader to discuss ministry health, staff expectations, and planning.
- Attend ongoing Kid Connection meetings and training when necessary.
- Take training for First Aid and CPR certification.
Character and Commitment
- Demonstrates a genuine love for the Lord and other people with an authentic, transparent, Christ-centered lifestyle.
- Is committed to the vision, values, and beliefs of First Free Church.
- Loves working with adult and teenage volunteers and seeing them use their gifting to minister effectively.
- Understands the value of children’s ministry and partnering with parents to disciple children.
- Able to recruit, train, and develop volunteer and leadership teams.
- A team player with a positive attitude who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Has a teachable heart and cooperative spirit.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in conduct with staff and volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Committed to serve on two Sunday mornings a month and at special events as needed.
- Complies with a background check.
- Proficient with email and Google Docs.