Religious | Evangelical Presbyterian Church
4818 Washington Blvd. #201
Saint Louis, MO 63108
Posted: Jan 13, 2022
Application Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
Purpose: The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for the oversight, development, growth, and safety of Central West End Church’s children’s ministry as an extension of the church’s vision and mission.
Background: The children’s ministry at Central West End Church is a small and growing ministry. During the pandemic CWE Church saw the children’s ministry shrink due to families and essential volunteers moving away. There is a lot of opportunity and support from the church to build a strong and thriving ministry. The ministry is run through the efforts of the Ministry Director and a small core of passionate volunteers.
The current ministry consists of a small group of children in grades 1-6, with a weekly attendance around 4-8 children. There is also a nursery program that is currently staffed by paid help from STL Sitters that serves anywhere from 2-5 babies and toddlers. The ministry exists in a rented space so set-up and tear down for these ministries is part of the function of the staff and volunteers.
There is a great deal of material and spiritual support from the church and staff. Volunteerism is on the rise but still an edge of growth for the ministry.
Essential Ministry Responsibilities:
- Build relationships that foster recruitment of volunteers to serve alongside the Ministry Director.
- Connect with and provide resources to parents to help them with the spiritual discipleship of their children.
- Provide a loving and safe space for the spiritual education and nurturing of the children at Central West End Church.
- Oversee the scheduling and participation of children’s ministry volunteers.
- Ensure the safety of all participants by providing interviews and maintaining background checks.
- Build and maintain strong ministry connections with other staff, elders, and volunteers to promote a team mentality among all those serving Christ at CWE Church.
- Find ways to partner with internal and external ministries in relation to the Children’s Ministry.
- Order and manage material resources for the Children’s Ministry.
- Engage in event planning and outreach in order to build program visibility, community connection, and ministry growth.
These responsibilities are meant to provide guidance and are not intended to be exhaustive. There may be other responsibilities pertaining to this ongoing ministry that are not listed above.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Someone who is concerned about the health, safety, and spiritual life of children in all segments of development.
- A spiritually and emotionally healthy individual who seeks to live out the fruit of the Spirit.
- Someone who is familiar with sexual abuse prevention in church ministry specifically.
- Someone who is creative, flexible, and enthusiastic about building a program.
- Someone able to commit to the vision, mission, and statement of faith of Central West End Church. (Please visit www.centralwestendchurch.com and our “vision” and “beliefs” pages.)
- A team-oriented individual who values and makes room for the ideas and giftings of others in the implementation and operation of the Children’s Ministry.
- 2+ years experience in planning, organizing, and leading children’s (or comparable) ministry.
- Undergraduate degree in related field (e.g. early childhood education or similar) appreciated but not mandatory.
Hours: Approximately 10 hours/week, contingent on the particular season of ministry (e.g. summer, Christmas, Easter, etc) and the life-stage of the church.
Compensation: Based on applicant’s experience and comparable packages for similar positions.
Interested applicants should send a résumé to Eric Stiller at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-791-7914.